Sunday, November 14, 2010

Call for Submissions

My love of Christmas and all holiday decorations runs deep.  As a child I was given a light up snowman for Christmas, which I used to accidentally used to electrocute myself, and things have never really looked the same. Growing up, a neighborhood near my house, used to require all residents to wrap their oak trees that lined the street, in white Christmas lights. I loved looking at the rebellious families who took the more is more approach, and you couldn't miss the colored lights they used like sprinkles along every light up character and nativity scene ever made available to consumers post WWII.


  I know you've seen these houses, and possibly heard the music blasting from their displays. Let's document these Winter Wonder Lands and share the magic, but non of the electric bill.

Old Jefferson, Louisiana

 Please send your photos of the most amazing over the top "Griswald-esque," holiday decorations, to christmaswonder@gmail.com. Submissions will be posted here.

No comments:

Post a Comment